In this article, we are going to discuss core workouts to strengthen your core. So that you can perform daily activities without any difficulties.
Most people don’t know that performance of our daily activities depends on our core. If our cores are not strong enough we fail to perform daily activities.
Numerous study shows that Americans spend an average 56 hours in a week just sitting which make their cores week and make performing of daily task tougher than they look. This shows the importance of strong cores.
It is necessary to give a primary focus on making cores strong. Make habit of doing core workouts at home in your idle time.
By doing this will not only give your body a perfect shape but also increase your body metabolism, make you agile, and prevent you from pack pain.
If you have a busy schedule or don’t want to pay expensive gym fee and still want to make a shaped body with strong cores than we are going to share core workouts that can easily be performed at home and requires no tools.
Spider-Man Plank is first in the Core workouts list. When it comes to working on cores than plank is to be considered the most effective workout at home and it is simple to execute.
As the name suggests it is a simple plank with spiderman pose and 2.0 version of the simple plank.
This exercise not only makes you stronger but also the right choice for those who want to have six abs.
You don’t need to go to the gym to do spiderman plank when you can do at home
- To start spiderman plank, keep your body in position as you do in pushups. (Lying down and support your body with both hands).
- Now, slightly change your position. Support your body with elbows instead of your hands and stretch your legs out.
- Your body should be perfectly straight.
- To perform spiderman plank, bring your right leg toward your right elbow and then take your leg back toward startup position. Do the same with your left leg. That makes One rep
- Try to make at least 10 reps by repeat this action again and again.
Low Abs Reverse Crunch
If we are talking about core workouts, We should not forget Low abs reverse crunches.
Low abs reverse crunches are easy to perform and the safest exercise for the lower abdominal region.
This exercise is suitable for those people who experience back pain while working out other abs exercises. It relaxes your lower back muscles and reduces stress.
- Lay on ground or flat surface in such a position so that your feet touch ground firmly and your hands should be underneath your head.
- Bend your knees and bring close as much you can to your buttocks.
- Keeps raising your thighs high until they become perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly, roll your hips toward your chest. Exhale your breath while rolling your hips. It exactly the same that you are touching your chest with knees.
- Try to close your knees as much you can to chest
- Once you achieve a desire position, hold that position for a second or two.
- Now, try to reverse your action and bring your body to a startup position by inhaling your breath slowly.
- Repeat this action until your desired amount of repetition.
Bicycle crunch should be in your core workouts list as it gives strength to your muscles and makes strong your cores.
This exercise focuses on three things abs, cores, and hips. It also brings abdominal muscles into the play.
- Lie straight on the floor.
- Stretch your arms along your body at both sides.
- Stretch out your legs straight.
- Lock your finger and move your both hand under head keeping your elbow out.
- Raise your thighs so that it becomes perpendicular to the ground and calves should be parallel to the ground.
- Now lift up your head and touch your right elbow with a left knee while moving your knees toward your head. At the same time, do straight your right leg so that is should be parallel to the ground but it should not touches the ground.
- Do the same with the left elbow and the right knee to make one rep.
- Repeat again and again till you perform the desired amount number of rep.
The fourth exercise in the core workouts list is Cross Crunches. This exercise is very simple to do and requires no equipment. It focuses on lower abs, upper abs, and obliques.
It must be considered for improving hamstring flexibility and strengthen your cores. It is completely safe because the floor supports your body.
- Lie on the floor on your back
- Stretch your arms and legs outward diagonally so that your body creates an X shape.
- Now starting raising your right leg toward ceiling until your right led become perpendicular to the ground.
- Next, lift up your head and shoulder while lifting up your left arm. Exhale your breath while doing this step
- Touch your right leg with left arm.
- Now, Inhale your breath while lowering yourself back with control. Repeat the same action but this time with left leg and right arm.
- Repeat these actions again and again until you achieve the desired amount of repetitions.
Swiss Ball Roll
The next in the core workouts list is Swiss ball roll. It is a very efficient and effective exercise to strengthen your cores and give stability to your triceps and shoulders as well.
Particularly rollout exercise is more effective for those people who want to improve their abdominal, regain abdominal strength and upper arm area.
- Down your knees on a flat surface and place Swiss ball in front of you.
- Get your both hands on the ball. The ball should be far enough so you can easily approach the ball.
- Now, focus on your abs and roll ball away from your body as far as possible. Exhale your breath while doing this step
- Once done above step, roll back your action to start-up position. Inhale your breath doing this step. This is one step.
- Try to make 10 reps by repeating the above actions.
It seems difficult to perform but in reality, it is not. The biggest challenge in this exercise balances your weight while working on your muscles.
- Get down on your knees on a flat surface. Lean your body to the right side with the support of palm on the ground
- Maintain your balance after that do straight your legs and toes should be in pointing position.
- Place your left hand on your ear and your elbow should be outpointed toward the ceiling.
- Slowly bring your leg so that It matches the height of your hips, during this straight your hands outward, and keep your palm above your leg facing forward.
- Pull your left rib cage toward your hips while looking out your palms
- To make one rep roll back your action to starting position
- Repeat these steps again and again to complete your desired sets.
Abdominal hold targets your abs and your arms. It looks weird exercise because it involves sitting on a high chair with the support of your palms.
This exercise will not only make your cores strong but also give you tonearms.
- Find a chair or stool with 3 to 4 steps.
- Sit on the chair and place your both hand at edges of the chair.
- Try to lift your butt high with the support of your hand.
- Now, lift your legs 2 to 3 inches up from the ground.
- Once you get a desire position, hold that position for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Rollback your action to starting position
- Repeat these steps again and again to make a set of 10 reps.
Make habit of doing these core workouts. These are beneficial for both men and women.
People who want to work on their abs along with their cores should consider these core workouts as these workouts can be easily performed at home and require no equipment.